Road Safety Interactive Unit (Shuttle)
The main aim of the Road Safety Interactive Unit (or ‘Shuttle’ as we call it) is to provide the general public and other target audiences with the chance to interact with various road safety campaigns and to spread the message about the importance of road safety. There is something for everyone on the Shuttle because road safety is for everyone.
What can you do on the Shuttle?
- practice your driving and hazard perception skills on our simulators (car, motorbike, bicycle)
- enjoy a fully interactive road safety educational experience
- experience simulated virtual situations in our virtual reality pods and experience first-hand the dangers of driving and texting and driver fatigue
- practice safe cycling skills on our state of the art bicycle simulator
- See how driving environments and speed affect your braking distances on the brake reaction timer
- practice the driver theory test on board
- Test your fancy footwork by dancing to the Safe Cross Code in the activity zone
- Take a road safety quiz in the activity zone
- Learn about tyre safety. Remember, your tyres are the only contact with the road